STATEMENT OF POLICY
- Personal information refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, that directly ascertains the identity of an individual. This includes your address and contact information.
- Sensitive personal information includes your age, date of birth, marital status, social security and other government identification numbers, policy information, health/medical and financial information.
- Privileged Information is any and all forms of information which, under the Rules of Court and other pertinent laws, constitute privileged communication, such as, but not limited to, information which a person authorized to practice medicine, surgery or obstetrics may have acquired in attending to a patient in a professional capacity.
I. DATA LIFE CYCLE
A. Collection of Personal Information
Malayan Bank collects non-public personal information in order to process transactions with our clients and to conduct due diligence or Know-Your- Customer (KYC) procedure, among the sources of information are as follows:
- Information in the application form or any other forms (personal information collected such as name, street address, email address, phone number, date of birth, assets, income, and beneficiaries)
- Information obtained as an incident to transactions with the Bank, our affiliates, or others (such as account balance, payment history, parties to transactions, and credit usage)
- Information the Bank receives from a consumer reporting agency (such as creditworthiness and credit history)
B. Use of Information
The Bank uses personal information:
- To process transactions with our clients, to provide the client information and suitable products based on their needs, and to help us improve products or offer new services that will meet the demands of our clients.; or
- Otherwise, only for purposes consistent with the consent given by the client.
C.With Whom We May Disclose and Share Your Personal Data
The Bank may disclose and share the personal data obtained to the following:
- Malayan Bank, its directors, officers, employees, duly authorized representatives, related companies, affiliates, financial advisors and mutual fund representatives;
- Third party service providers and vendors including data analytics and customer support providers, and IT service providers who are bound by an obligation of confidentiality. They will have access to your personal data only as necessary to perform their requested function on your behalf, and if they have adequate security and privacy standards acceptable to Malayan Bank;
- Loan Database administered by the Credit Information Corporation and other databases administered by similar agencies;
- Any authority, regulator, supervisory, enforcement agency, exchange, court, quasi-judicial body or tribunal;
- Anyone we consider necessary for purposes of providing you products and services and other purposes mentioned above.
D. Protecting Your Personal Data
The processing of personal data exposes the client various risks such as financial, legal, regulatory or reputational risks. These risks are present when there is an unauthorized processing or disclosure of personal data. Malayan Bank is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal data provided to it. Malayan Bank maintains physical, technical and organizational safeguards to protect personal data against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.As part of such commitment, the Bank limits access on a need-to-know- basis especially when we engage the services of third parties to perform services on our behalf. All such persons are required to undertake to treat all personal information coming from the Bank with the highest care and confidentiality.
E. How Long We Will Retain Your Personal Data
Your personal data will be retained by Malayan Bank throughout the duration of your investment or account and/or until expiration of the retention limit set by Malayan Bank standards, industry standards, laws and regulations from account closure and the period set until destruction, disposal or anonymization of records, unless withdrawn in writing or withheld due to changes in the information.
F. How to Access or Correct Your Information
We have procedures that help us to maintain the accuracy of the personally data that we collect. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can correct factual errors in your personally data by sending us a request that credibly shows error to:
MALAYAN BANK SAVINGS AND MORTGAGE BANK, INC.
Attention: Mary Ann G. Mendoza (Data Protection Officer)
2F Majalco Building, 104 Benavidez Corner Trasierra Sts.,
Legaspi Village Makati City., 1229
Or you may contact your branch of account.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify and validate your identity before granting access or making corrections.
II. OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S POLICY
We feel strongly about protecting the privacy of children and teenagers. For that reason, we never collect or maintain personal data at our website from those we actually know are minors (under 18 years of age). Furthermore, information from minors shall only be taken by Malayan Bank upon consent of the parents or legal guardian.
Malayan Bank reserves the right to change (sections of) of this Privacy Statement at any time and without notice. It is recommended that you review this Privacy Statement periodically for changes.
IV. HOW TO CONTACT US
MARY ANN G. MENDOZA
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Malayan Bank Savings and Mortgage Bank
2F Majalco Building, 104 Benavidez cor. Trasierra Sts.
Legaspi Village, Makati City Philippines, 1229
RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
Right to be informed. Malayan Bank recognizes the right of data subjects to be informed when their personal data is being processed and the purpose of the data processing.
Right to object. Data subjects are given the option on whether they want their information processed as part of the transaction of the Bank.
Right to Access. Data subjects are given the right to reasonable access, upon written request, the contents of your personal data that were processed and the manner of processing this information; the sources from which these were obtained; and the recipients and reasons for disclosure, if any; date when your information was last modified.
Right to rectify erroneous data. Upon access or inquiry, if there are erroneous data acquired, the data subjects may demand that it be rectified to reflect the true personal information of the data subjects.
Right to Erase or Block. All data subjects may, based on reasonable grounds, suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of personal data from Malayan Bank’s filing system, without prejudice to Malayan Bank continuing to process personal data for commercial, operational, legal and regulatory purposes.
Right to secure Data Portability. Where personal data is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format, you have the right to obtain from Malayan Bank a copy of such data in an electronic or structured format that is commonly used and allows your further use.
Right to be indemnified for damages. You shall be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data, taking into account any violation of your rights and freedoms as data subject (where Malayan Bank was proven accountable by the law).
Right to File a Complaint. You may file a complaint or exercise your rights above by reaching out to us through the contact details provided above. You may also raise privacy concerns to the National Privacy Commission through their website at www.privacy.gov.ph